Enterprise Lean Sigma Director - Asia Pacific ( POSITION BASED IN HONG KONG)
by Laura Parkes
Enterprise Lean Sigma (ELS) Director Asia Pacific region - POSITION BASED IN HONG KONG
SUMMARY: Responsible for leading enterprise-wide change initiatives in order to improve the organization’s speed to market, capability to adapt to environmental challenges, and overall ability to execute effectively.
An integrative leadership assignment with the potential for broad cross-functional impact, this role is also charged with helping infuse systems thinking, process discipline, and critical tools into the organization that will enable the business to meet and exceed expectations over the long-term.
• Serve as an internal consultant on key organizational change initiatives including Project Prioritization (aka Commercialization/Speed to Market), Venturing, etc.
• Lead (sales, marketing, G&A) deployment of ELS systems, processes and tools, to ensure maximum effectiveness.
• Lead key aspects of the assessment and/or due diligence phase of potential acquisitions. Serve as a macro-project leader on such initiatives.
• Provide leadership to functional ELS Champions.
• Owns and drives the OGSM and ensure actions on the various initiatives.
• Develop, deploy and track ELS training.
• Develop and lead a cadre of highly skilled ELS “experts” that may be deployed against large-scale improvement initiatives, as well as serving as internal consultants, facilitators and educators on ELS.
• Create structure and process to assess processes within sales, marketing, finance, IT, and HR in order to effectively pinpoint areas with greatest opportunity.
• Develop and implement mechanism to track and report ELS project status, progress, and results.
• Work with functional VP’s and HR to design full-time, cross-functional project manager roles, and ensure they are built into key career paths.
• Identify internal candidates for full-time Project Manager roles, as well as skill-sets that must be brought in from outside of Avery Dennison.
• Lead the development and management of the core project management training curricula, tools and processes. Will require integration and alignment with certain “core” corporate project management platforms.
• Help integrate “leading transformation/change” into key leadership assessment and development systems (e.g. Foundations of Leadership, FLL, etc.)
• Consult on strategy formulation and opportunities to incorporate principles from ”Toyota Way and Creating a Lean Culture.”
What we are looking for in you:
Skills and Knowledge:
• Several years business experience, with hands-on experience as an internal consultant, emphasizing curriculum development.
• Excellent overall business acumen and organizational savvy.
• Proven ability to develop influential relationships a multiple levels within an organization.
• Demonstrated success in bringing about changes in an organization via consensus building and influencing all levels of an organization.
• Excellent project management skills, including execution and follow up assessment improvement balanced with business priorities.
• Fluency in English. Mandarin or other Asian languages would be a plus.
To apply, please forward your resume to: